Sunday, 1 April 2012

PMDD Time Capsule

Day 1 of the Health Activist Writers Month Challenge.

Health Time Capsule. Pretend you’re making a time capsule of you & your health focus that won’t be opened until 2112. What’s in it? What would people think of it when they found it?

If I created a time capsule for PMDD, I would have to include a few books on the subject.

The PMDD Phenomenon by Diana Dell would be one, as it was the first book I read about PMDD that helped me chart and get diagnosed.  From the medical point of view it covers pretty much everything you need to know about PMDD although sadly, now out of print and a little out of date, it was a saving grace when everything else failed to give me the information I needed.

My book!!  Obviously, I would need to finish it first!  It will be a compilation of many women's personal stories of their PMDD.  This book will be the real life version of PMDD.. in women's own words.

The Women's Quest workbook by Alexandra Pope.  This workbook enabled me to understand my menstrual cycle in a different way, and showed me that it isn't all bad, and there are valid reasons for the up's and down's.  I attribute most of my healing to this way of thinking and continue to learn about the spiritual side of the menstrual cycle and it's gifts.  Learning to observe and keep calm is essential to keeping on track and not letting you mind spin out of control.

Mood Charts to show the people of the future how much information is needed to diagnose PMDD.  Very few people realise how much this disorder affect every aspect of your life, and how hard it is to get the correct diagnosis.

A Mooncup.  This simple little device has helped my periods get lighter and less painful.  It is eco-friendly and means a lot less waste going into landfill.  I think everyone should try one!!  I have been using one for 8 months and my periods are now very light and only last a few days.  It's a fantastic little invention.

My Menstrual Cycle Energy Poster, that illustrates the symbolic nature of the menstrual cycle.

I would also include some of my art that I created about PMDD.




2 comments:

Janine Marie said...

Cat....You rock! Looking forward to reading your posts this month. <3

Cat said...

Bless you Janine! Thanks for the comment and for visiting my blog! Cat xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...