Saturday, 13 November 2010

Lighter later - Help fight S A D

Since the clocks went back, I have noticed a real change in my mood.  Ok, so it's always changing, but I feel like I'm constantly in a heightened state of stress.  I'm still managing on the homeopathic tablets, but since the clocks went back, I'm so much more narky than usual.  I am noticing it because I had got to quite a calm point with the kids, but for the past 2 or so weeks, I just cant handle them.  Stupid outbursts happen before I can even think about counting to 10 and dealing with them in a quiet manner.  It's a horrible feeling, almost like you are going to have a heart attack, or burst, or just run screaming from the house until you cant run any further.
I'm guessing a combination of less activity since I did my back in, the darker days and eves, and kids having to be in the house more are all taking thier toll.
I signed up to support the Lighter Later Campaign.  I also found out if my MP was supporting the campaign, and was pleased to see he was! so I wrote to thank him, and am avidly waiting the outcome of December 3rd's meeting.  100 MP's need to vote in favour of the movement for it to go to the next stage.
The plan is to change the clocks to GMT+1 in winter and GMT+2 in summer.  This would mean we would have migh lighter evenings, in winter and in summer, and there are a whole list of other benefits, including a massive yearly reduction in CO2 emissions, safer evenings for our children and more time for businesses to stay open.  You can find the list of benefits here.
It takes a minute to register your support, and about 5 mins to mail your MP from the website.
Britain isnt unfamiliar with this idea, during the war, we all changed our clocks to GMT+1 in winter and GMT+2 in summer, to give us more time to work, grow our own food, and help protect us from nighttime attacks.  It makes sense, but people have tried to get the clocks changed this way before and have failed many times.  Eight attempts have been made since 1994, and everytime they have ben 'talked out', which means they have discussed it so much they have run out of time to make a desicion.
This time, SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!! it makes sense to change our clocks to make the most of natural daylight, so please go and register your support and spread the word.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...